Besides this lovely weather for which we’ve been waiting so long, there is plenty of other good news at Annie’s Book Stop of Worcester on 65 James Street!
* We just had a wonderful weekend of events with our Mystery and Romance for Moms, featuring Judith Arnold, Penny Goetjen, and Audrey Nicholson, and our Afternoon with Award-Winning Author Elizabeth Bear. It was great to see and meet old friends and new, share stories, and enjoy books! If you were unable to attend either of these events, we still have a selection of signed copies available for purchase.
* After multiple requests from our patrons, ABSW is bringing back our Spinning Yarns weekly social! Bring your favorite craft and listen to one of our collection of audio books or audio dramas. Starting this Wednesday, May 14 at 7:00PM, cozy up and listen in! We’ll be scheduling specific audiobooks and audio dramas soon, so please feel free to send us your requests of what you’d like us to play.
* If you haven’t already helped the Children’s Book Drive for the “Worcester: The City That Reads” program to help promote local literacy, there’s still time! The donation box provided by city councilor John Monfredo will be here until May 15th. New and gently used children’s books, appropriate for readers in kindergarten through 8th grade, may be purchased and / or donated here to help our city’s children have better access to literature for school and summer reading programs.
* Worcester Storytellers returns on Friday, May 23 from 7-8:30 PM, for their open mic featuring Joe Fusco, Jr., who will be reading from his new collection of essays and poetry, Three Score.
* Come June, we’re looking out for our Dads like we did for our Moms, and holding a Thrills and Chills for Dad event on Friday the 13th, just before Father’s Day. Suspense authors Jonathan Brookes, James C. MacIntosh and Rory O’Brien will read from, speak about, and sign their latest books from 7-9 PM.
We’ve got lots more planned for this summer. Please feel free to check out the following links:
We look forward to seeing you at Annie’s Book Stop of Worcester at 65 James Street. And may your world be filled with wonderful words!
—Patty and the staff at ABSW