One of our guests brought his original editions of several Ruth Plumly Thompson titles for us to “ooh and ah” over.
Our craft tables were set up with Oz coloring sheets, rhinestone rainbows, and star-studded wands worthy of Glinda the Good herself. Our lovely snacks came from Cakettes, and we had a fantastic afternoon with Ryk E. Spoor and his novel Polychrome. Ryk does the most splendid voices for each of his characters when reading aloud… he can transition from Christopher Lee to Morgan Fairchild to Brian Blessed at the drop of a hat. All in all, a splendid time.
* THIS WEEKEND! Friday, May 22, 7:00-8:30 PM: Worcester Storytellers featuring Sou MacMillan Worcester Storytellers continues with their awesome open mic event, and this month, the featured reader is Sou MacMillan.
Sou MacMillan has her fingers in a lot of pies: A veteran of the Columbus, OH music scene, she was the voice behind Caroline/Double Deuce band Pet Ufo. She is the author of Chrysanthemum, a punk rock coming of age story, and has been published in periodicals and anthologies such as Syracuse University’s Salt Hill Journal, Subatomic Books’ One Step Beyond, and Suzi Banks Baum’s An Anthology of Babes. She is the producer of Rabbit Heart Poetry Film Festival and the small press sorceress behind Doublebunny Press. Find her online at www.soumacmillan.com and at www.doublebunnypress.com
* Sunday, May 31, starting at 2:00 PM: Literary Genre Trivia – Science Fiction Our popular trivia event makes its triumphant return this month! Test your literary grit and knowledge about science fiction (specifically science fiction; fantasy will come later). There is a $20 gift certificate for the winner! Join us for a chance to win, to socialize with other book-lovers, and to geek-out over your favorite authors!
In case you missed our huge sneak-peak post about what to expect in June, here’s a link! And there’s quite a bit coming up. We’ll be chattering about it more in upcoming blogs and newsletters! Of course, as a reminder, our regular events are…
* Mondays at 7PM – Spinning Yarns Craft and Audiobook Social
* Hafta Craft & Storytime Family Drop-in, the third Sunday of every month from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM. Children must be accompanied by an adult for duration of stay.
* Worcester Storytellers, the fourth Friday of every month from 7-8:30 PM. The May 22 open mic event will feature Sou MacMillan. For the complete updates and schedules, follow Worcester Storytellers on Facebook!
* Literary Genre Trivia, the last Sunday of every month starting at 2:00 PM.
May your world be full of wonderful words!